Friday, January 21, 2011

Well, its the eve of my return to work after having a lovely 3 weeks off with the kids and a few days with my hubby......am so chilled out!!!!  Weather has been a little inclement but that has probably worked to my quilting advantage.  My friend Kathy and I got together and made 4 kids quilts to send to Qld (took a few days to get the binding on them all) and I myself have completed 2 small UFO's and almost finished a little bag for myself.  Have been considering ways to train myself to dream (ok, procrastinate) less and accomplish more......I am going to take a leaf out of Christine's book and do a little hand stitching each evening (in between kids, housework and organising the family) and use my machine only on my days off - in theory that will work quite well.  I am so inspired by the Material Girl's ladies and what beautiful items they create, my challenge to me this year is at the end of each month upload a photo to my blog of one item I have begun and finished.....another challenge will be to figure out how to actually get a photo on here :)  So, stay tuned ladies......there should be a picture of my beautiful little bag online within the next week........................now to start thinking about what I should be making next month............

2 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds like you had a good holiday ... lots of chill time. Look forward to seeing photos of your work .... good luck with your stitching goals. Well done to you and Kathy for the Qld quilts. See you soon.

Vicki said...

Great work, Anne. Glad you are feeling really relaxed after your holidays - you certainly needed them after the busy-ness of Christmas at work! You and Kathy did a wonderful job to make 4 quilts in such a short time - there will be 4 happy recipients in QLD, I'm sure. See you on 7th!

Post a Comment