Friday, April 1, 2011

Empty Granny Flat

Feeling a little flat tonight - put my dear old Dad on the plane back to N.Z. this afternoon........had a sook.....still feel a bit weepy (I know - toughen up)! 

The only upside (if you can call it that), is I now have my granny flat back and can go and sew up a storm (which I definately need to do as I have zero, nil, diddly squat OPAM finishes for March)....yes, have let the side down.  Guess I'm going to have to work way harder in April to make up for it.  Just for the record tho, I'd give my sewing room up anyday for my Dad.

Went for a big cruise up the Tamar (well, not on a boat but in the legendary Camry) - went up to Greens Beach then the touring route back down the river to the city.  Don't know why, but for some reason I was sure there was a quilt shop in Beaconsfield (went into 2 shops to ask directions) and left rather puzzled.....then as we drove across the Batman Bridge I remembered it was in Georgetown (no, my blonde locks are not natural).....didn't make it that far though - but did get into Calico Cottage Crafts (hope I got the name right) in Exeter......could have spent lots and lots of time and lots and lots of money (having husband and father waiting patiently in car curbed that) - but did walk out with a lovely Lynette Anderson pattern for a journal and hexagon purse - and met Pauline :)  It was a lovely day!!  (Going to have to learn how to add links in my text).

Well, best be finished - Wonderful Hubby is serving up dinner.......after which I shall google 'how to make hexagons'.........have a wonderful weekend everyone and see you all Monday night my lovely Material Girl friends (have the day off - may even manage a cake) xoxoxoxox

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Looking forward to photos of the sewing you are going to do.

Valspierssews said...

Hi Annie, Things must be a bit quiet now. Throw yourself back into your sewing. I love Lynette Anderson patterns. Can't wait to see your hexagon purse.

Sarah said...

Hey Annie
It is nice you had some time with your Dad here!
Gald you had a good relaxing day out! Pauline has some nice stuff in her shop hey! Love that pattern you bought.... Seen Pauline's sample which is SO cute! Looking forward to seeing your version.
x Sarah

Roseanne said...

It is all was sad when you have to say good bye to some one you love for a while, I work today and my son cook tea for me how lucky am I he makes the best mashed potato light and fluffy.

Vicki said...

You have been very busy this week, Anne. See you tomorrow night :)

quiltjude said...

Oh nice to have the granny flat back but sad to say goodbye to your Dad too have a lovely time sewing :)

Post a Comment