Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Favourite Place on Earth

Hi Blogging Buddies......I have been playing tourist guide to my Kiwi rellies and yesterday came across the most magical place on earth - Ocean Beach near Strahan.....it was a real beach on the edge of a real ocean - am so used to enjoying the beaches at the bottom of the lovely Bass Strait I had truly forgotten how magnificent uninterrupted ocean waves are........


My new favourite camping spot shall be Macquarie Heads, new favourite beach walk will be Ocean Beach and new favourite quilting shop will be in Strahan........just need to win that first division and open one down there :)

This is my Dad and his wife - anyone who knows my "Days of Our Lives" saga understands how special this visit is to me. 
Today we went tripping around the murals at Sheffield and came across this man who was sitting in the main street with his Alpacca.....probably can't see real well, but she wore a collar with a donations box attached.  She (or he), did quite well out of the family :)  Wanted to slip her into the boot and bring her home....my golden retriever would have loved her.

So, given this is a 'quilting blog' I guess I had best pop some piccy's up of what I have been trying to do..................

Have managed to make a start on these 3 blocks (decided to stitch all the words first and play with the piccy's last...........

These are 5 more traced

And these are the final 4 still to be traced...............and stitched too I guess

And these yummy fabrics will make up the quilt.......Christine suggested Churn Dash blocks in between....I think I like the sound of that :)

Then again......I do have those lovely Tangled Threads fabrics to use.................

Having a quiet day at home tomorrow, then off up the Tamar on Thursday including stop off's at Beaconsfield and Exeter......husband has assured me I'll have time for a little visit to quilting shops.....yay!

Time to go....am flicking between the blog window and the N.Z.vs Sri Lanka World Cup Cricket match and losing a bit of focus.........Go the Mighty Black Caps. 
Until next time Lovely Ladies xoxoxox

4 comments:

Valspierssews said...

What a lovely place for a day out. It must be hard when you don't live close to your family. It was great that they could visit. I loved all your stitchery blocks but what's with all the sideways photos?

Melinda said...

I'm glad you like Ocean Beach. It was a favourite picnic spot when I was growing up, living in Queenstown. We'd often go down to Ocean Beach for a ride, even though the road down there was shockingly rough. I hope it's improved a bit. We couldn't swim though, because of the rip. And I can't believe some people EAT those cute alpacas!

chrisartist said...

I Grew up on the west coast a nd trips to Strahan were always special.
The ocean is amazing there. Once a couple of years ago I left my art gear on the sand to go for a paddle. The waves swept in past me and carried mt sketch books out to see!! It can be a very hazardous beach !!
Saving the Frankln and Gordon river did wonders for tourism and Strahan.
I love to go back.
Chrisartist

Pauline said...

hey annie..nice to meet you today......glad you are having fun with the rellies....

Post a Comment